Environmental Scientist, Medicine Hat
Bowron Environmental Group Ltd., (Bowron) is a growing multi-disciplinary environmental management company focused on providing services to the upstream oil & gas industry. We are looking for a dedicated and motivated professional to join our team as an Environmental Scientist in our Medicine Hat office.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assistance with the coordination, execution, and reporting of Phase I, Phase II, and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs);
- Completion of vegetation assessments and weed management activities within southern Alberta and Saskatchewan;
- Assistance with the assembly of technical reports;
- Provision of support to senior staff in the office; and
- Ensuring Bowron is consistently exceeding client expectations.
Required Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate should:
- Possess 1-3 years’ relevant experience;
- Have obtained a degree in environmental sciences or similar field and be eligible to obtain a professional designation;
- An understanding of provincial and federal criteria, guidelines, directives etc. applicable to Alberta and Saskatchewan upstream oil and gas (BC would be considered an asset);
- Previous field experience would be considered an asset;
- Strong multitasking, planning and organizational skills;
- A background in exceeding customer expectations; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Bowron, we recognize the success of our organization is founded in the people who make up our team. As a result, we are committed to the professional growth and development of these individuals. Bowron provides industry leading compensation and group benefit packages, technical progression training, and competitive employee retention and professional development programs.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position and would be an asset to Bowron, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.