Contract Environmental Field Supervisors – Environmental Services Division
Bowron Environmental Group (Bowron) is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting company focused on providing related services to the Canadian oil and gas market. We specialize in regulatory permitting and land-use planning, construction field support, drilling waste management, compliance monitoring and asset retirement.
For additional information, please refer www.bowrongroup.com
Our Environmental Services Division (ESD) is looking for motivated individuals to join our team as ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD SUPERVISORS (CONTRACT).
The position involves management of environmental assessments and monitoring related to pre-disturbance site activity, drilling waste disposal events, general construction field support and water diversion events associated with various resource transmission and extraction projects located throughout Western Canada (BC, AB & SK).
Responsibilities (not inclusive):
- Landowner and Client Liaison
- Data Collection & Sample Analysis
- Drilling Waste Disposal Supervision
- HDD Waste Management
- Water Act Compliance Monitoring
- Construction Field Support
- Environmental Monitoring
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Preference will be given to those with a university level education in a related environmental discipline. Applicants with a two (2) year technical diploma in earth sciences, environmental management or land reclamation are also encouraged to apply.
- Proponents require a valid Divers License and prior certification in First Aid & CPR, H2S Alive and CSO (Common Safety Orientation). Additional safety training, including TDG & GHS / WHMIS, will be provided to successful candidates.
- Previous experience with respect to drilling waste management services on midstream and upstream oil and gas projects are considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will operate as an independent contractor and must be willing to establish a registered consulting company that maintains general liability insurance, commercial automotive insurance and WCB clearance.
- Additional equipment includes the requirement for routine personal protective equipment, handheld GPS, laptop computer, digital camera, printer / scanner, and a reliable vehicle with off-road capabilities.
- Bowron provides industry leading compensation.
- Industry specific job and safety training; Environmental & Wildlife Awareness, Level II Ground Disturbance, ATV Training & TDG/WHIMIS.
- Assistance in the establishment of personal consulting company.
- Employee retention and professional development programs.
At Bowron, we recognize the success of our organization is founded in the individuals who make up our team. As a result, we are committed to these individuals and their successive career growth and professional development.
If you feel you meet the qualification requirements for the outlined position, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Environmental Field Supervisor (Contract)” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.