Intermediate Environmental Scientist: Regulatory and Site Closure
Bowron Environmental Group Ltd., (Bowron) is a growing multi-disciplinary environmental management company focused on providing services to the upstream oil & gas industry. We are looking for a dedicated and motivated professional to join our team as an Intermediate Environmental Scientist in our Calgary office. This position will require a large amount of time in the field to execute a variety of assessment, remediation, monitoring and reclamation work.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordination, execution, and reporting of Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III Environmental Site Assessments as well as reclamation, remediation, risk assessment, soil monitoring, and groundwater monitoring programs;
- Development and implementation of work plans;
- Interpretation of data and preparation of technical reports;
- Review of invoices and reports to ensure accuracy and confirm that client requirements are met; and
- Assistance in the development, monitoring, and improvement of QA/QC programs/tools in line with Bowron’s Professional Practice Management Plan.
Required Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate should:
- Possess over 3 years’ relevant experience;
- Have obtained a degree or diploma in environmental sciences or similar field. Professional designation or the option to obtain this designation is considered to be an asset;
- An understanding of provincial and federal criteria, guidelines, directives etc. applicable to Alberta and Saskatchewan upstream oil and gas (BC would be considered an asset);
- Have previous field experience related to the above mentioned job responsibilities;
- Strong multitasking, planning and organizational skills;
- A background in exceeding customer expectations; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Bowron, we recognize the success of our organization is founded in the people who make up our team. As a result, we are committed to the professional growth and development of these individuals. Bowron provides industry leading compensation and group benefit packages, technical progression training, and competitive employee retention and professional development programs.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position and would be an asset to Bowron, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.